“Musical Immersion™” Method
What is our method?
We help children develop:
1) Familiarity with a wide variety of common vocabulary words and two- to four- word phrases.
2) Reinforcement of key preschool concepts (such as counting, shapes, alphabet, emotions, jobs in society, and more.)
3) An interest in learning and communicating in Spanish.
4) Enthusiasm for wider language learning.
5) An appreciation for other cultures and traditions, and respect for common values.
What METHODS are used to deliver the curriculum? Our curriculum is delivered through Musical Immersion™, which uses theme-based songs, repetition, rhyming, reinforcement of key concepts and vocabulary, immersion, native Spanish teachers, and interaction to teach children a second language—much the same way they learn a first language. Significant research indicates that preschool-aged children acquire a second language and love learning when it’s musical, interactive, and fun.
We make it fun with a quirky cast of characters, simple actions, short segments, a wide range of imaginary settings, and dialogue and situations designed to evoke laughter.
We teach through music. Each unit features a song with key vocabulary or phrases. Vocabulary is set to simple melodies that are catchy and easy to learn. Children continue to sing the songs well after the program is over, encouraging repetition and retention.
We encourage interaction by asking children to repeat words, sing songs, dance with or imitate characters, answer simple questions, and play along with age-appropriate games.