Parent Participation Preschool
Welcome to the Let’s Play in Spanish Parent Participation Preschool!
Our Parent Participation Preschool provides a fun, engaging, interactive, and practical Spanish immersion experience for both children and parents in the San Jose, CA area.
Why Let’s Play in Spanish Parent Participation Preschool?
Our in-person Spanish class for kids and parents is an interactive learning environment that teaches young children to speak Spanish through playtime activities such as singing, drama, stories, games, and puppets, as well as structured and academic activities such as Math, Language and Literacy, Social Studies, and Science.
Children will be immersed in Spanish during their stay at our center. We believe that total immersion is the best way to learn another language! Our unique materials are the primary tools that implement our curriculum.
Our founder Susy Dorn created our one-of-a-kind, award-winning Spanish lessons, and she keeps creating, developing, and refining her Spanish program.
Susy is a native Spanish speaker who uses her degree in Childhood Development Education and her background in music and puppetry to help kids learn Spanish, as she’s been doing for over 20 years! Children love learning Spanish from Susy, and Susy loves to teach Spanish!
Our immersive Spanish classes give children invaluable skills in comprehension and use of the Spanish language. It provides a developmentally appropriate curriculum for each child’s needs, levels, and skills.
Children learn through play and exploration. Teachers implement fun games in large and small group activities that are age-appropriate. All activities will be hands-on! Our curriculum will enhance cultural awareness and an appreciation of diversity through language. Our goal is to help children master proficiency in Spanish through many educational experiences centering on:
- Social-emotional development
- Language and literacy
- Social studies
- Creative expression: music, creative movement, dance, puppetry, arts & crafts
- Physical development and skills
Parents are an essential part of our program. We believe that by creating partnerships with parents, we can provide a nurturing environment where children can play and grow. Our goal is for both students and parents to learn and grow, for parents to be part of their first educational experience, and for children to become independent in this new learning experience. With the support of parents, the class runs smoothly.
Parent/Guardian will be part of helping the teacher before class starts; each adult will have a role (prepping, cleaning, art table, etc.) in making each day a successful learning experience for all.
Educational Philosophy Behind Our Parent Participation Preschool
- Playing is the best way children learn; it’s a robust and active process in which children learn about themselves and their world. Playing keeps children engaged as they are learning Spanish.
- Music and puppetry are the most effective tools for teaching young children foreign languages and are essential components of our Spanish lessons.
- Environmental education should start early to raise the young generation’s consciousness and teach them how to care for our planet. We motivate children to reduce, reuse, and recycle daily.
- Achieving competencies in multiple languages enhances a child’s learning ability and potential. That is why we offer possibilities for children to learn the Spanish language by discovering, exploring, problem-solving, creating, and using their curiosity and imagination. We provide these through positive learning experiences to contribute to developing each child’s sense of self, independence, and positive self-esteem.
- Learning a second language should be a natural and enjoyable experience in a safe, nurturing, stimulating, and developmentally appropriate environment where kids progress at their own pace.
- Our staff’s most important task is supporting and enhancing the learning process to provide a strong foundation for children to thrive and become lifelong learners.
- Parents are vital to a child’s progress as they are learning Spanish. Parents provide the first and most important learning environment, even if they are not native Spanish speakers. We establish and sustain cooperative efforts with the families and community to maintain an effective program where all kids learn, grow, reach their goals, and succeed in their educational path.
We hope to see you and your little ones in our Parent Participation Preschool!